Its been a busy time in the ISP/Registrar/Host M&A world, with providers vanishing almost on a daily basis.Some of the more notable M&As included:
- Spanish Registrar Arsys sold to The Carlyle Group and Mercapital private equity~£120,000,000 outright purchase. 550,000 registered domains, 170,000 customers, 250 employees
- WebHost Automation Ltd (WHA) authors of HELM Windows CP taken over by SW-Soft (now renamed Parallels)No figures quotedbased on their (lack of) performance with other control panels acquired, thats the death-kell for HELM users
- Chicago Hosts midPhase purchased in a cash deal by UK2 GroupNo official figures quoted, best guestimates £5,000,000. 250,000 hosted websites. 40 staffSeveral original MP staff setup a new brand SingleHop and party hard at HostingCon
- Swedish Managed Hosting pi.se picked up by InterouteNo figures quoted
- Hostroute and Nameroute merged into UltraspeedShare Exchange between existing client and supplier. 50,000 hosted websites.
- BuyAVPS acquired by prolific WHT poster AxisHOSTNo figures quoted
- Berkeley Data Systems sell online storage Mozy to EMC Corpororation£40,000,000 outright purchase. 180,000 clients.
- NaviSite goes on acquisition spree, buying Alabanza and Jupiter Hosting£8,000,000 cash
- NamesCo Registrar and Web Host sold out to Italian ISP Dada (Register.it S.p.A)£24,000,000 for the entire company. 265,000 registered domains, 80,000 hosted websites
(reproduced with permission from Host Acquisitions)