At the end of August 2013 the Swedish Registry IIS.SE will take over the running of the registry services for .nu from WorldNames.
All currently registered .nu domain names will be managed by IIS who already operate the registry for .se
New domain registrations, transfers, renewals and updates for .NU will continue to be available through accredited registrars and their resellers.
The transition between registry operators is complex and takes time, and requires a consistent data-set, so to facilitate the take-over the entire .nu system will be closed between 30th August 2013 and at least the 2nd September 2013, but possibly not reopening until the 20th September 2013.
* August 26th 8am (CEST) all .nu domain transfers must be completed
* August 28th 8am (CEST) .nu domains will no longer allow updates to nameservers or contacts
* August 30th 8pm (CEST) the .nu (dotNU) registry system will be closed down
* September 2nd/3rd possible reopening of ccTLD registry services to allow for domain renewals
* By September 20th everything should be transferred and access to the new registry system will open completely.
Between 26/August and 20/September it won’t be possible to:
- register new .nu domain names
- udpate nameservers fon .nu domain names
- transfer between .nu registrars
- trade / transfer ownership of .nu domains
- make any changes to existing .nu registered names.
Astutium are a registrar for .NU domain names and ask all registrants to take note of the following VERY IMPORTANT points…
- IF YOUR DOMAIN DOES NOT HAVE CORRECT CONTACT DATA ON THE WHOIS YOU MUST UPDATE IT NOW TO KEEP THE DOMAIN
- IF YOUR DOMAIN EXPIRES BETWEEN 26/AUGUST and 30/SEPTEMBER YOU MUST RENEW NOW TO KEEP THE DOMAIN
- IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO TRANSFER YOUR DOMAIN TO ASTUTIUM YOU MUST START THE PROCESS BEORE 20/AUGUST
- IF YOU ARE MOVING HOSTS YOU CANNOT CHANGE NAMESERVERS AFTER 28/AUGUST SO MUST COMPLETE THAT PROCESS URGENTLY
Nothing should change for the owner of already registered .nu domain names.
The domains will also keep functioning the entire time, and registrants should contact their registrar if they have any questions or problems.
The authorisation letter for the transition can be accessed at http://nunames.nu/Press/worldnames-se-en.pdf